Your Personal Health Information and your Medical Record may be collected, used and disclosed for the following reasons:
- For communicating relevant information with other treating doctors, specialists or allied health professionals
- For follow up reminder / recall notices
- For National/State or territory registers (eg. Immunisation data)
- For State/Territory reminder systems, (eg cervical screening – pap smears reminders or familiar cancer registries).
- Accounting / Medicare / Health Insurance procedures
- Quality Assurance activities such as accreditation
- For disease notification as required by law (e.g. infectious diseases)
- For use by all doctors in this group practice when consulting with you
- For legal related disclosure as required by a court of law (e.g. subpoena, court order, suspected child abuse)
- For research purposes (de-identified, meaning you are not able to be identified from the information given)
If you have any concerns or wish to restrict access to your personal health information please discuss these with your doctor or receptionist. This practice adheres to principles of the RACGP Handbook for the Management of Health Information in Private Medical Practice and has a written policy, which is available to all patients for inspection.